Top 20 Questions for Land Buyers
With over 25 years of experience helping people buy land, Christmas & Associates has developed a list of twenty of the important questions you should always have on hand when you are considering buying land. The next time you go out to look at land, we suggest you bring these questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- How long has the property been on the market and why is it for sale?
- Can I view information about this property on a web site or listing sheet?
- Can you provide references, including names and phone numbers of people you have sold land to before?
- For this property, can you provide me with:
- A warranty deed
- Title insurance
- New survey with painted lines (not flagged)
- A topographical and/or survey map
- A quality description of the property
- Septic indemnification letter
- Building permits
- Notification of all mineral and gas rights
- Cabin or camp construction
- Barn construction
- Road and driveway layout and construction
- Forestry consulting
© 2013 LandThink.com. All rights reserved. This content may not be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever, in part or in whole, without written permission of LandThink. Use of this content without permission is a violation of federal copyright law. The articles, posts, comments, opinions and information provided by LandThink.com are for informational and research purposes only and DOES NOT substitute or coincide with the advice of an attorney, accountant, real estate broker or any other licensed real estate professional. LandThink.com strongly advises visitors and readers to seek their own professional guidance and advice related to buying, investing in or selling real estate.